BMW M1 Procar
- One of only 49 BMW M1 Procar build & registered
- Show Procar for Walter Wolf, then sold to Schnitzer Motorsport at the end of 1979
- Converted to full Procar specification by Schnitzer Motorsport and raced in the 1980 Procar Championship
- Fully rebuild and 100% race-ready with good spares and current FIA HTP
- Highly eligible for various races including Peter Auto CER2, Le Mans Classic, Daytona 24hr classic etc.
Additional filesM1 Procar Registry - Osteroth Book AMS 1979 : Walter Wolf Show M1 Procar - English AMS 1979: VIP Express - Walter Wolf M1 Procar 1980 Procar Entry List
We are delighted to offer this rare and iconic BMW M1 Procar for sale on behalf of its current owner:
- M1 chassis 4301016 was delivered by Bauer to BMW on 29/11/1978 as an M1 Procar "show car" for Walter Wolf in Dark Blue colour (Walter Wolf's colours) (see seperate article)
- In September of 1979 BMW Motorsport sold the car to Schnitzer Motorsport for full M1 Procar race preparation for the 1980 race season
- During the 1980 M1 Procar Championship, the car was raced at the Österreichring by Willi Siller and at Imola by Beppe Gabbian, both times with race nr 62. After the end of the season, it was sold by Schnitzer to a collector in the USA.
- Purchased in 1988 from USA by Swiss collector and historic racer Eric Traber. Fully rebuild and race prepared by Eric's son Christian Traber at Graber Sportgarage.
- Sold to the current owner in 2008 and raced regularly in various races such at the Classic Endurance Races, the Nurbürgring Oldtimer Grand-Prix and Le Mans Classic.
Condition & Spares
The car has had a full mechanical rebuild in 2018 and is 100% race-ready. During the rebuild, it received:
- New brake master cylinders
- Rebuilt Calipers
- New Brake and Oil lines throughout
- Engine rebuilt by Ridgeway Engines
- Gearbox rebuilt by Paul Fleming (ZF specialist)
- New Fuel lines/filters/pumps
- New fuel tank
- Rebuilt suspension arms, uprights & bearings
- New steering rack
It has not been used since the rebuild.
Spares : 1 set of wheels and a spare ZF-gearbox (Le Mans ratios)
The car is sold in 100% race-ready condition and comes with a new, 2019 FIA HTP.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire one of the 49 mythical and timeless BMW M1 Procar in excellent, race-ready condition which is welcome at all historic events around the world including Peter Auto's Classic Endurance Race Series, Le Mans Classic, etc..
• CAR TYPE
• COMP. READY
• FIA HTP
• INTERIOUR COLOR
• EXTERIOR COLOR