Porsche 996 GT3 RSR
- The latest evolution of Porsche's most successful 996 GT3 R(S)R-lineage
- One of only 37 996 RSRs built by Porsche Motorsport
- Retains its original bodyshell and equipped with all 2006 factory updates
- Excellent race history including two Le Mans 24hr finishes
- State-of-the-art preparation, 100% race-ready with very extensive spares
Additional filesSpares List Race Results
We are delighted to offer this rare and stunning 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RSR for sale.
Somewhat confusing, the model name contains "GT3" whereas these cars were competing in the GT2 class. Designed strictly for competiton on the world's most important racing circuits, the 2004 model year 996 RSR represents the last evolution of the 996 GT3 R-RS-RSR lineage during the 1999 - 2006 period. Powered by a 450-bhp 3,598-cc flat-six backed with a six-speed sequential gearbox, and featuring a modified suspension and numerous carbon fibre panels, the RSR proved to be highly competitive. Only 37 RSRs were built by Porsche Motorsport.
Our car, chassis #4S693080 is well known as "The Racer's Group Maldives 996 RSR" resulting from its beautifull multi-colored livery which it ran during the 2004 racing season. Its race history is outstanding including two Le Mans 24 hours finishes and excellent results in the Le Mans Endurance Series in which it ran during 2004, 2005 and 2006. The car's full race history is detailed in the History section and is also viewable in the attached race history file.
Still carrying its original bodyshell and matching numbers gearbox, #4S693080 received all factury updates in 2006 from Porsche Motorsport which included a lightweight watercooling system, improved lights, lightweight electric harrness, Porsche Traction Control and - last but not least - a larger capacity 3,8 litre engine (number 63223028).
With only 4 owners from new, the current owner (a reputable Porsche specialist preparer) bought the car in 2012, undertook a full overhaul and it has since been used sparingly in only 3 track tests. Its level of preparation is truly " state-of-the-art" as evidenced by the following overview:
- Wheels updated to fit new, wider tyre sizes from 997 RSR
- Engine: 22 hours
- Gearbox: overhauled with only 30 minutes on it
- new wheel bearings on all four corners
- new master cylinders
- new reinforced brake pushrod
- new clutch & fly wheel (from 991 cup)
- overhauled drive shafts
- nearly new and current seat belts/extinguisher system
- new brake lines
- leakage pressure tested (all OK)
- overhauled gearbox with only 30min on it
- nearly new pads & discs
- new engine/gearbox oil
- overhauled Sachs dampers with diagram
- softer springs
- new rear spoiler support
- nearly new central wheel bolts
- overhauled steering gear
- new in-tank fuel pumps and foam
- dyno-tested at RS Tuning with open (unrestricted) program
Included in the sale, the following work will be done: suspension crack test and alignment, programming of the engine with 30,8mm Air Restrictors and the installation of a new fuel cell.
Last but not least, a very extensive spares package comes with the car details of which can be found in the "Spares List" file.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a stunning and extremely well prepared example of the latest evolution of Porsche's most successful GT racer which is eligible for Peter Auto's Global Endurance Legends and also for Masters Endurance Legends where it will be a welcome and front running GT2 class entry.
- Le Mans Test 25/04/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Gregor Fisken/Ian Donaldson
- Monza 1000Km 09/05/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Thorkild Thyrring/Patrick Long
- Nürburgring 1000km 03/07/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Mike Rockenfeller/Thorkild Thyrring
- Silverstone 1000km 14/08/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Thorkild Thyrring/Patrick Long
- Spa 1000km 12/09/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Thorkild Thyrring/Patrick Long
- 24h Le Mans 13/06/2004 - Lars Nielsen/Ian Donaldson/Gregor Fisken
Le Mans Test 05/06/2004 - Horst Felbermayr sr./Horst Felbermayr jr./Phillip Collin
Spa 1000km 17/04/2004 - Horst Felbermayr sr./Horst Felbermayr jr./Phillip Collin
- Monza 1000km 10/07/2005 - Horst Felbermayr sr./Horst Felbermayr jr./Phillip Collin
- Silverstone 1000km 13/08/2005 - Horst Felbermayr sr./Horst Felbermayr jr./Phillip Collin
- Nürburgring 1000km 04/09/2005 - Horst Felbermayr sr./Horst Felbermayr jr./Phillip Collin
- 24h Le Mans 19/06/2005 - Horst Felbermayr jr./David Shep/Phillip Collin
- Spa 1000km 14/05/2006 - Pierre Ehret/Dominik Farnbacher
- Nürburgring 1000km 16/07/2006 - Pierre Ehret/Dominik Farnbacher
- Donnington 1000km 27/08/2006 -Pierre Ehret/Dominik Farnbacher/Marco Seefried
- Jarama 1000km 24/09/2006 - Pierre Ehret/Marco Seefried
4th Owner: Current owner (D) who bought the car in 2012 from Pierre Ehret
• CAR TYPE
• ROAD REG.
• COMP. READY
• FIA HTP
• INTERIOR COLOR
• EXTERIOR COLOR
The Racer's Group / Maldives