Lotus Cortina Mk1
This original Lotus Cortina was registered in England on 23/06/1966 where it resided until bought in 1992 by Italian historic racer Fernando Della Casa who has the Cortina fully raced prepared in the Bologna workshop of Adolfo Romani. Della Casa raced the car until 1997 after which it changed hands a few time until it was bought by the current Italian owner in 2009 who – in 2011 – started a full restoration and race preparation.
After dismantling the Cortina to the bare chassis, a custom T45 roll cage was installed together with aluminium doors and bonnet. The car was painted in the original Ermin white with the Sherwood green stripe. All mechanical parts were checked and/or rebuild resulting in the following specification:
- Alloy bell housing, gearbox tail and lever mount
- Cast iron gearbox case and diff case
- Quaife Gearbox with steel synchro (straight cut)
- Brand new LSD with TTR final drive (7:33) and steel driveshafts
- Racing steering box (2.5 turns to lock)
- Girling P16 calipers and Brembo discs
- New wiring loom
- Aluminium radiator
- GAZ shocks
- Aluminium fuel cell without expiry (FIA homologation MIL-B-83054)
- Fire extinguisher (expires 2015)
- Recaro seat (expiry 2016)
- Willans harnesses (expiry 2018)
After the Cortina having undergone the above preparation, it was only used by the current owner for approximately 5 race hours, so everything is still in excellent, fresh condition. Its last outing was an Italian hillclimb event of which the video can be watched through the link further below.
The car comes with current FIA HTP papers and a valid V5 for street registration. The following spares are with the car :
Set of rear leaf springs, transmission parts and a pair of drive shafts.
Due to a problem with the engine, this wonderful Lotus Cortina is sold without engine so the new owner can source a fresh engine to his specification. Other than the engine, the car is fully ready to go. It is based in Italy (close to Milan) where it can be inspected subject to appointment.
• CAR TYPE
• COMP. READY
• FIA HTP
• INTERIOUR COLOR
• EXTERIOR COLOR
White with Green Stripe